A vacancy has arisen within the finance department. The purpose of the role is primarily to ensure that the Sales Ledger is maintained efficiently and customers are paid promptly.
- Enter cash receipts on to system and allocate against customer accounts.
- Chase up overdue accounts by telephone and letter as appropriate
- Send statements to customers each month.
- Daily and Monthly invoice factoring reporting to bank
- Monthly bank reconciliation from Nominal ledger to statement
- Maintain sales ledger customer details, addresses etc.
- Perform credit checks for potential new customers and set appropriate credit limits.
- Initiate legal action for recovery if required.
- Produce monthly debtor report for management.
- Produce monthly cash target sheet and monitor actual cash receipts against target.
- Resolve customer queries relating to invoices.
- Reconcile cash received book with sales ledger receipts on system at month end.
- Produce month end sales ledger reports each month.
- Arrange contra payments between Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger.
- Process credit card payments.
- Liaison with Credit Reference Agency when appropriate.
- Sales Ledger journals as and when appropriate.
- Cover for purchase ledger and payroll as and when required will form part of the role.
- Go Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Experience of Syteline, or other IT Accounting systems essential.
- Experience within a similar position.
- Ability to prioritise work load.
- Able to maintain relationships with other departments through effective communication.
- Able to recognise areas of responsibility and own them fully.
- Pro-active approach to chasing payments and ensuring cash is in.