• CE approved
• Fully interlocked access doors protect users and service personnel
• Locked front door
• Separately keyed service access
• Fault-tolerant design for hopper insertion door prevents access to compaction area
• Weather resistant, UV stabilised polyester powder- coat finish on all exterior parts
• Electronic components temperature range of -40QC to +8SQC
• Fully weatherised, but in the event of a flood, The HC5 can withstand:
Up to 508 mm of water without harming the electronics
Up to 915 mm of water with only minor dam age to electronics
• RoHS compliant
• Galvanised sheet metal steel interior and exterior construction
• TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) plastic is used for the 2mm thick side panels and
hopper cover. The black coloured plastic is made from 100% post-consumer recycled material. TPO plastic is impact, dent, and abrasion resistant; UV stable; and able to maintain protective performance in extreme temperatures without blistering, warping or becoming brittle.
It is the same material contained in automobile bumpers.
• Interior Bin: Leak proof; made of low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic
Power & Electronics
• 40 watts high energy solar panel
• PV panel protected by polycarbonate bubble
• Spill-proof, sealed maintenance-free battery
• Self-powered unit requires no wiring
The UK’s Leading solar compactor – Bigbelly HC5 (High Capacity) smart waste and recycling system has gained a global following and represents the next generation of waste collection in urban & rural environments.
Bigbelly’s HC5 is a smart, solar-powered, compacting waste or recycling station. This compacting model holds upto 10x more than the average 100 litre traditional waste bin and is equipped with sensors that monitor and report fullness levels and collection activity. It harvests solar power to compact waste and communicate its real-time status. The HC5’s enclosed hopper (opening) design ensures total waste containment. This model maintains the durable, high quality and design integrity of all Bigbelly smart stations, and can be customised based on waste stream, options, and accessories.
(ADA Compliant): 1095 mm