• CE approved
• Fully interlocked access doors protect users and service personnel
• Locked front door
• Separately keyed service access
• Weather resistant, UV stabilised polyester powder- coat finish on all exterior parts
• Electronic components temperature range of -40QC to +8SQC
• Fully weatherised, but in the event of a flood, The SC5 can withstand:
Up to 508 mm of water without harming the electronics
Up to 915 mm of water with only minor dam age to electronics
• RoHS compliant
• Galvanised sheet metal steel interior and exterior construction
• TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) plastic is used for the 2mm thick side panels and
hopper cover. The black coloured plastic is made from 100% post-consumer recycled material. TPO plastic is impact, dent, and abrasion resistant; UV stable; and able to maintain protective performance in extreme temperatures without blistering, warping or becoming brittle.
It is the same material contained in automobile bumpers.
• Interior Bin: Leak proof; made of low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic
Power & Electronics
• Spill-proof, sealed maintenance-free battery
• Self-powered unit requires no wiring
Bigbelly SC5 (Standard Capacity) smart waste and recycling system has gained a global following and represents the next generation of waste collection in urban & rural environments.
Bigbelly’s SC5 is a smart, fullness-sensing waste station. This non-compacting model is equipped with
sensors that monitor and report fullness levels and collection activity. It is battery powered to
communicate its real-time status. The SC5 has a flap or hopper option for total waste containment.
It is ideally placed in lower waste volume areas, among a fleet of customised station configurations.
This model maintains the durable, high quality and design integrity of all Bigbelly smart stations, and
can be customised based on waste stream, options, and accessories.